- Fixed Slots is the traditional choker with a fixed number of unchoke slots.
- Rate based opens up unchoke slots based on the upload rate achieved to peers. The more slots that are opened the marginal upload rate required to open up another slot increases.
- BitTyrant attempts to optimize download rate by finding the reciprocation rate of each peer individually and prefers peers that gives the highest return on investment. It still allocates all upload capacity, but shuffles it around to the best peers first. For this choker to be efficient, you need to set a global upload rate limit.
- Round Robin distributes the upload bandwidth uniformly and fairly. It minimizes the ability for a peer to download everything without redistributing it.
- Fastest Upload unchokes the peers we can send to the fastest, this might be a bit more reliable in utilizing all available capacity.
- Anti Leech prioritizes peers who have just started or are just about to finish the download. The intention is to force peers in the middle of the download to trade with each other.
Use the distributed tracker service (DHT)
If checked Koinonein will be able to use trackerless torrents.
You can read more about DHT here.
Use the Local Service Discovery service (LSD)
Provides a SSDP-like (http over udp-multicast) mechanism to announce the presence in specific swarms to local neighbours.
You can read more about LSD here.
Use the Network Address Translation Port Mapping Protocol (NAT PMP)
When checked the listen port and the DHT port are attempted to be forwarded on the router through NAT-PMP.
Use Universal Plug And Play (UPNP)
When checked the listen port and the DHT port are attempted to be forwarded on local UPnP router devices.
If clicked Koinonein will reopen the outgoing and listen sockets.
Network Adapters – VPN Lock
Network adapter lock
If checked Koinonein will only use the currently checked network adapters.
If you uncheck this then that has the same effect as deselecting all adapters then clicking Apply however if you check this no change will happen until you click Apply.
There is no fall back option so if Koinonein is started and the network adapter is unavailable Koinonein won’t be able to connect until you set a new adapter or reconnect the missing adapter.
When clicked Koinonein will connect to all adapters if Network Adapter Lock is unchecked or just connect to the checked adapters if Network Adapter Lock is checked.
Changes take a few seconds to implement and existing connected peers will still continue to use the old adapter as they are not disconnected, if you want all peers to use the new adapter immediately simply stop then start the torrent or stop all torrents before clicking Apply.
You can press F9 at any time to get the currently used adapters entered into the log.
Rechecks what adapters are available.
Koinonein uses two ports, one standard port and one SSL port.
You can select your own port numbers and they will be used each time Koinonein starts or you can select a random port or have Windows pick the free ports for you.
If you need to change the ports you can do so by setting the port numbers then click Change.
If you click First Run Wizard Koinonein will revert to it’s default settings then show you the First Run Wizard again, you won’t lose any torrents.
If you click Reset Koinonein will revert to it’s default settings, you won’t lose any torrents.