skip to Main Content

Koinonein Forums Koinonein Suggestions Several suggestions Reply To: Several suggestions

smaragdus
smaragdus
Participant

Hello Koinonein developers,

I finally have time to report a problem with the later versions of Koinonein- at least since version 0.1.2.3 Koinonein does not respect current settings- it starts “First Run Wizard” after installation and the list of downloads is messed up after the wizard is finished. I think that the new versions of Koinonein should use the previously saved settings. More, although I installed the latest x64 version over the previous x64 version it also created “C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Koinonein BitTorrent Client x86” beside “C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Koinonein BitTorrent Client x64” but after I deleted the “x86” folder it was not re-created again.

About the new tray menu- I preferred the old one, you may consider re-iconizing the text commands- for me icons are faster recognized than text and iconized commands look better. Also for me the tray commands aligned to the left look better than the tray commands centered.

About the portable version we have discussed in the past- for me it is not important whether the program will consist of a single executable or not but where are all data and settings saved. I suppose that you may add an easy option in “Client Settings” (“Koinonein Settings”) – “Directories” to move all data and settings to program folder (“Portable Mode”). I suppose that such “Portable Mode” may be activated during installation in the “First Run Wizard” giving the user a choice where data and settings should be stored- in “AppData” (“Installation Mode”) or in “Program Folder” (“Portable Mode”). In short- there is no need “sciter.dll” to be embedded in the executable” to use Koinonein in portable mode- for portability it is essential that executable plus data and settings to be in one and the same folder so the program can be moved to another location with all data and settings.

Regards

© Koinonein Ltd 2015 - 2017 All Rights Reserved

Koinonein On Facebook
Koinonein On Twitter
Koinonein On Google+
Koinonein RSS
Koinonein On Google+
Koinonein Pinterest